Manager – Secretarial
- To ensure compliance with the Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad Main Market Listing Requirements (“Bursa Malaysia”), the Securities Commission Act, 1993, Capital Markets and Services (Amendment) Act, 2012, the Companies Act, 2016, Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance 2012 (“MCCG 2012”) and other applicable law and regulations pertaining to company secretarial matters.
- To review or prepare the resolutions, annual returns, semi-annual returns, circulars, announcements to Bursa Malaysia, minutes of meetings and other documents for accuracy and to ensure timely filing of documents.
- To ensure that all arrangements for annual general meetings/ extraordinary general meetings/ board meetings/ audit committee meetings/ management meetings and other meetings are properly conducted.
- To prepare and review the annual report write-out on the corporate governance statements, audit committee report, risk management and internal control statement, the preparation of the Chairman’s statement and renewal of share buy-back Authority statement and etc.
- To assist the Senior Manager – Secretarial and Group Company Secretary in advising the board on corporate and compliance matters.
- To prepare/review the board charter, code of ethics and conduct, whistleblowing policy, external auditors assessment policy and sustainability statement pursuant to MCCG 2012 and the listing requirements.
- To vet through agreements and documents including some of the Indonesian agreements to ensure that the Company’s interest is protected
- To advise the Company on company secretarial matters and if necessary, to seek lawyers’ advice.
- To provide on the job training for subordinate.
- To co-ordinate and monitor the progress of corporate exercises undertaken by the company.
- A member of the due diligence working group whose function is to assist the Group in meeting the necessary compliance during corporate exercise.
- ICSA graduates.
- Preferably with at least 8 years of relevant working experience in secretarial practice.
- Pleasant personality with good working attitude.
- Familiar with Companies Act and Bursa Malaysia listing requirements.
- Able to work under pressure, detailed, meticulous and analytical.
- Good command of written and oral English and Bahasa Malaysia.